Thursday, January 8, 2009

Vintage Better Homes and Gardens 1960's

A few more days and I will be back to the work stone. I am enjoying my extended vacation. Still organizing and clearing stuff out. Speaking of that. Look what I found.


My Grandmas books that have been packed away since 2003 when she passed on. These almost went into the auction. Luckily I had the fore thought to pack them away for safekeeping. I am so glad I did. I spent a fair amount of time last night looking through these.

The Betty Crocker New Cookbook was a birthday gift in 1966 from my Mom to my Grandmother. There is an inscription hand written by my mom on the first page.

Better Homes and Gardens Treasury of Christmas Ideas, copyright 1966. Lots of decorating ideas and creations using felt, construction paper, beads, tissue paper… My kids will enjoy making some of these decorations next year. Especially the 3 wise men made from toilet paper roles and construction paper. Too cute.

Better Homes and Gardens Decorating Book copyright 1968. This one is my favorite. Though its forty years old, the distinct decorating style of the 60s is still awe-inspiring. The colors and textures intermingled with timeless furniture, cool decorating techniques, and bold art would be show stopping in today’s homes. The strong use of color is a constant throughout this book featuring bright patterned carpets, robin egg blue painted walls and fabric covered walls, rich velvet couches with contrasting trim, and oversized rich wood furniture.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin