Friday, February 6, 2009

Serger Huskylock 910

My designated sewing area is organized. I just need to finish painting, add some more shelving, and voila, I should be good to go. I have a class next Tues. to learn how to use my new Serger Huskylock 910. My sewing machine intimidated me when I first got it, but nothing like this Serger does.



I’ve been told the Serger can almost take the place of a sewing machine and reduce regular sewing time by half. It sure would have come in handy when I was making all those curtains and comforter.

This sewing cabinet was my grandmothers that had been stowed away after she passed in 1983. I was thrilled when my dad came by and gave it to me last week. I also consider it a sign that sewing is my new frontier. The compartments are roomy. The coolest thing is how compact and light weight it is when closed up. My son was eyeballing it too, thinking it would make a cool Lego storage container.



My Grandma got this sewing box sometime in the 70’s. I found the assembly instructions inside for a #350 Syskrin Sewing Cabinet, Singer Industries, Phillipines. They don’t make sewing storage like this anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin