Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One Last Spin, Before Summer Ends

JCrew Spring 2009

Charmed by this cover,



Michelle Jank Jewelry

smitten with this designer,
and spurred into action by Maegan's tutorial,
I cultivated my own neck bouquet.


I know what you're thinking…


Summers almost gone!
I'm just not quite ready to move on




You see, the frequent rain forecast has me dismal and gray
Perhaps I'll perk up with a beautiful bouquet





With four layers of tulle, a needle and thread
I anchored my flowers in an eye catching spread





Cut away excess, affixed trim, doodads, and a teal feather
Attached felt to the back and defied the raunchy weather





Today, I donned my neck bouquet for the 3rd time this season
Tomorrow, I'll accept the end of summer for an inspiring reason....


I'm gonna make one for fall!

What I used for my neck bouquet:

4 layers of tulle
needle and thread
silk flowers
embellishments
ribbon
o rings
fabric glue
wool felt

Maegan's instructions are excellent.
Be sure to check out her bouquet......perfect for fall.

1 comment:

  1. sweet necklace, what a clever idea. when i was a little girl, my grandmother showed me how to make dandelion necklaces. needless to say, yours is much prettier!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin